- 4 small duck breasts, trimmed and skin scored
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup rice wine ginger
- 1 cup of sesame oil
- Ginger Vinaigrette: Combine sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and fresh ginger in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until warm (3-5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Duck Breasts: Season duck breasts with salt and pepper and place in a very hot sauté pan over high heat with skin side down. Cook 3-4 minutes until the skin is golden brown and crispy and then turn over to cook for another 3-4 minutes. Remove duck from pan and let cool for 2 minutes. Now slice the duck diagonally.
- Spinach Salad: Place spinach leaves and shiitake mushrooms in large bowl, toss with half of the warm vinaigrette and then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange spinach salad in center of plate; place duck breast on top; spoon ginger vinaigrette over duck breast.
Garnish with toasted sesame seeds; makes 4 servings.