Food Perspective: Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Summer months are perfect for fresh, ripe fruit right from the tree.
And nothing pairs better with fresh fruit than a refreshing bowl of ice cream.
While store bought ice cream can be truly scrumptious, there’s nothing quite like homemade ice cream.
Making your own ice cream is fun and trust me, your friends will be impressed.
I recently made peach ice cream for a housewarming party and it received rave reviews.
So give this recipe a try.
You can substitute the peaches for nectarines, strawberries, blackberries and other types of fruit.
Get creative and enjoy making a dessert your whole family will enjoy.
Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- 3 cups peaches, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 2 ¾ cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice until the granulated sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the milk and two cups peaches. Blend until smooth.
- Chop the remaining cup of peaches into bite-sized pieces.
- Pour the blended mixture into the mixing bowl with the heavy cream mixture. Mix until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Pour the mixture into the freezer bowl of an ice cream machine, preferably an electric ice cream machine.
- Allow the ice cream to mix until thickened; about 25 minutes. This amount of time may fluctuate depending on the type of ice cream machine you have.
- Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the cup of chopped peaches.
- Once the ice cream is ready, place it in a freezable container. For a firm texture, freeze the ice cream for at least two hours.