While sipping a cup of coffee, sometimes I crave a sweet treat that I can dip into the aromatic caffeinated waters.
Shortbread cookies can be perfect for this, but sometimes they’re just too heavy and filling.
My light and crisp butter cookies are a great alternative when you want a sweet cookie with a little bit of crumble.
These cookies are super simple to make and use ingredients most people already have on hand.
So give them a try and enjoy!
Crispy Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg whites and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll the dough into 1 ½ inch balls, then roll in sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.