Hot Buttered Baking: Decadent Double Chocolate Cookies
By now you’ve probably figured out that I have an intense affinity for all things chocolate.
I’m perfectly happy making my standard chocolate chip cookie recipe when the craving for homemade cookies hits, but sometimes I need something richer and more decadent.
My favorite double chocolate cookie recipe is perfect for these moments and the recipe is already a hit with my coworkers.
I made a version of this cookie last year with peppermint extract that took home a blue ribbon at the Marin County Fair.
What’s great about this recipe is you can experiment with adding different flavored extracts and different types of chocolate chips.
Try peanut butter or white chocolate chips for a fun twist.
Decadent Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1-1/4 cups butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredient mixture to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.