Hot Buttered Baking . . . Easy Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
If you’re looking for a simple and delicious biscuit recipe to accompany your meal, these cheesy garlic biscuits fit the bill.
I first started making these when my husband expressed a desire for homemade biscuits that tasted like the ones you can get at Red Lobster.
Now those biscuits are chockfull of fat, so I created my own version that is much healthier and tastier.
This recipe is easy to customize.
Try using half whole wheat flour for a healthier biscuit.
Easy Cheesy Garlic Biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, thyme, garlic and cheese.
- Add the milk and canola oil.
- Using a fork, stir the dough until just combined. Do not overwork the dough.
- Drop ping pong ball-sized dollops of dough onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.