If you are in the habit of grabbing something and holding it in your hands while munching on it, then salmon burgers are quite a treat for your taste buds. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, vitamin B12 and selenium. Ingredients: 1 1/2 […]
Are you a tourist or a traveler? In recent years, the trend has been to classify a “tourist” as a person with little respect for the culture and land he/she visits. While a “traveler” is the opposite; someone who respects the laws and cultural differences of the people and the land visited.
Taste Hawaii is celebrating our 5th Year Anniversary as a Hawaii travel information service for conscientious travelers. The following information is shared with our clients to encourage building bridges to friendships.
- In preparing for your trip, do some research about the history and the culture of the people who live where you plan to vacation.
- Leave the master-of-the-universe bit at home.
- A lot of the customs and activities that we practice today were probably “borrowed” from the people that you are visiting today.
- Stay away from derogatory statements, for example – “Y’all were discovered by…”
- Challenge your preconceived realities; delete the trash.