Now serving dessert . . . Strawberry Ice Cream
There is something new in Marin … Taste Marin Tours. We are a multi-cultural, multi-flavored tour company seeking a diverse group of enthusiastic souls with interests in food, wine and farming in Marin County and beyond. Our focus is on growing, making and savoring food […]
Are you a tourist or a traveler? In recent years, the trend has categorized a “tourist” as a person with little respect for the culture and land he/she visits. While a “traveler” is the opposite; someone who respects the laws and cultural differences of the people and the land visited.
The following information is shared with you in hopes of encouraging the building of bridges to friendships as conscientious travelers.
- In preparing for your trip, do some research about the history and the culture of the people who live where you plan to vacation.
- Leave the master-of-the-universe bit at home.
- A lot of the customs and activities that we practice today were probably “borrowed” from the people that you are visiting today.
- Stay away from derogatory statements, for example – “Y’all were discovered by…”
- Challenge your preconceived realities; delete the trash.